Technical Assistance for Strengthening the Capacity of the Translation Coordination Unit in Turkey
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
· To gradually reduce and eliminate the backlog in translating and revising the legislative texts
· To increase the number of experts highly qualified and able to perform consistent revisions of the translations and to support Turkey’s accession process and its relations with the European Institutions throughout and after accession.
The purpose of this contract is to develop and strengthen the institutional capacity of the TCU, in particular,
· Developing systems for enhancing the quality and consistency of translated texts and terminology;
· Preparation work for increasing the quantity of translated texts in the future;
· Providing easy access of all stakeholders to the translations and terminology,
· Sustainable management of the acquis translation process in view of implementation, development and maintenance of adequate automation processes in the TCU to meet the EU standards for efficiency.
Result 1 Systems developed for enhancing the quality and consistency of translated texts and terminology
Result 2 IT and databases
Result 3 Training and development
Result 4 Systems developed for enhancing the quality and consistency of translated texts and terminology
Result 5 TCU Administrative structures and procedures
Result 6 Training and development