Support for the Implementation of the EC Communication Strategy for Enlargement in Croatia
The success of Croatia’s EU integration process depends on a well-informed public opinion. The aim and implications of joining the EU should be made understandable to all layers of the Croatian society. Therefore the overall objectives of the project are:
- to improve public knowledge and understanding of the EU, its policies and programmes,
- to explain the implications of accession for Croatia to the EU to the citizens of Croatia,
- to explain the link between the pace of preparations for membership and the progress of the negotiations.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To contribute to and assist the Delegation in the implementation of the EC’s Communication Strategy for Enlargement, the Delegation’s Communications Strategy to Support Croatia’s Preparations for Accession to the European Union and other relevant policy and strategic documents as well as participate in the creation of the Delegation’s 2008 Communication Strategy,
- To manage and operate the EU Information Center in Zagreb as well as other EU-information related activities,
- To support Croatia’s accession process by fostering an increased level of public and political support to the European Union in the county based on well-informed opinion and realistic expectations,
- To explain the implications of Croatia’s EU membership, the details of the accession process, as well as the impact of the various political, economical, and legal reforms that have to be carried out by the Croatian authorities for its EU membership.