Study on EU Aid Results
Objectives of Assignment
The assignment has several key objectives. These are:
- Concise description and documentation of results frameworks used by other development agencies·- both bi- and-multilaterals - providing an overview of elements, format and purpose (accountability and reporting on results to the outside and/or managing for results).
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses of these results frameworks, including lessons learned during implementation.
- Specialist technical input as follows:
i) Consistent analysis, review and, where relevant, proposal for improvement of the description of results and indicators proposed in draft EC programming documents for the 2014-20 timeframe (country, regional as well as thematic);
ii) Followed by discussion of findings with staff in Thematic Units;
iii) Sector specific support to work with EuropeAid staff in Thematic Units as well as Unit B1 to follow up on issues identified in ii) and to improve results descriptions and indicators used in the draft programming documentation; concluding in concrete proposals to improve draft documents;
iv) Throughout this process assessing documents with a view to identifying potential aggregatable indicators that could feed into the proposal for the EuropeAid results framework (see objective 4 below).
- Propose key elements and indicators (including initial methodologies) for EuropeAid's future results framework. Clearly set out the reasoning behind the recommended approach (with reference to experiences from other donor and development agencies (objective 1 and 2) as well as the reviewed EC programming documents (objective 3); all the time keeping in mind that the first years of use of the results framework will cover results linked to sectors selected under the programming for the period 2007-2013.
- Sector specific support to work with EuropeAid staff in Unit B1 and Thematic Units on the selection and definition of indicators for the results framework and the development of underpinning methodologies to allow for aggregation of results data.
The overall objective is:
The specifics objectives are: