Policy advice in the field of fight against the financing of terrorism; implementation of UNSCR 1373
The overall objective of this assignment was to contribute to the efforts of the Indonesian authorities to fight the financing of terrorism and related organized crime. The specific objective of the assignment was to strengthen institutional capacity of the Indonesian authorities in particular in the area of information technology, to deliver trainings and technical assistance.
The following tasks were undertaken:
- examination of the existing and future policies in the field of the financing of terrorism, as well as the degree to which the existing FIU operation is authorised, capable and competent to address this aspect of anti-terrorism.
- choice of a suitable IT architecture in order to process relevant suspicious transaction reports throughsharing of information with the Central Bank, and other institutions, both national and international.
- choice of a specific IT architecture compatible and complementary to local capacity and the needs for regional co-operation.
- identifcation of the key officials for training in the region and in Europe.
- assistance with the initiation of the soft– and hardware.