Project Assistant - Sustainability
Business & Strategies Europe is a private organisation based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group, one of the world’s leading development consultancies. B&S Europe develops projects to support democratisation, human rights and governance in over a 100 countries.
The B&S teams are a group of highly driven professional dedicated to achieving the greatest impact through our projects across geographies.
Purpose of the role
As Sustainability Project Assistant, you are responsible for fostering and following the environmental and CSR initiatives within B&S Europe. You are responsible for all phases of both initiatives, from initiation to data collection, reporting, coordination and closure. You will be involved in two specific initiatives, one linked to the carbon neutrality and a second one to the company Social Project. The Social Project is an annual in-house, employee led initiative aimed at creating short term impact in fields related to the SDGs.
- You will participate in the development and implementation of the carbon offsetting plan (including initial assessment, data collection, certification process and set up recommendations and next steps);
- You will support with the set up and implementation of the Social Project and other Sustainability and SDG related activities;
- You will ensure optimal organisation and visibility of both initiatives.
- You will be in charge of data collection and analysis
- You will actively participate in B&S working groups and task forces(regional, technical and thematic) in view of building internal best practices and know-how;
Desired competencies and experience
- You have a university degree in a related field;
- You have at least one relevant related experience in sustainability, management, corporate social responsibility.
- You have a good understanding of SDGs, carbon offsetting, environmental practices.
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You have excellent communication skills in English and French, both written and verbal; other languages will be consider an asset
- You are computer-literate and you master the MS office suit;
- You pride yourself in delivering high quality results within sometimes difficult timeframes;
- You are very “hands-on” and you are comfortable juggling priorities;
- You are a proactive problem solver with a can-do attitude;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly, open personality and a sense of humour.
What we offer
- 6 month CIP
- Flexible working hours and possibility of remote work when approved by managment
- A great place to work with a team of highly motivated professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation helping to make the world a better place.
31 January 2022
How to apply