Project Assistant - SDG
Business & Strategies Europe is a private organisation based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group, one of the world’s leading development consultancies. B&S Europe develops projects to support democratisation, human rights and governance in over a 100 countries.
The B&S teams are a group of highly driven professional dedicated to achieving the greatest impact through our projects across geographies.
Purpose of the role
As SDG Project Assistant, you are responsible of taking the 2030 Agenda forward at B&S Europe and GOPACOM. You will be supporting the launch of a joint company strategy focusing on the following four outputs:
- Strategic plan and implementation of activities aligned to the 2030 Agenda.
- SDG related monitoring, reporting and evaluation capacities are strengthened.
- Company participation in SDG Platforms such as Global Compact.
- Particularly, identify impact opportunities (activities) and carry out day-to-day management.
- Set up indicators and baseline data for the monitoring of the tools and activities put in place.
- Foster knowledge acquisition and dialogue on Agenda 2030 and the SDGs within management and employees.
- Report on the progress achieved in coherence to the Global Compact requirements.
- Any other task assigned by the SDG Task Force
- You will ensure optimal organisation and visibility of SDG related activities.
- You will be in charge of data collection and analysis
- You will actively participate in B&S working groups and task forces(regional, technical and thematic) in view of building internal best practices and know-how;
Desired competencies and experience
- You have a university degree in a related field;
- You have at least one relevant related experience linked to the achievement of development agendas, such as MDGs or SDGs.
- Demonstrated commitment to the 2030 Agenda.
- You have a good understanding of SDGs and Corporate Social Responsibilities and engagement.
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You have excellent communication skills in English and French, both written and verbal; other languages will be consider an asset
- You are computer-literate and you master the MS office suit;
- You pride yourself in delivering high quality results within sometimes difficult timeframes;
- You are very “hands-on” and you are comfortable juggling priorities;
- You are a proactive problem solver with a can-do attitude;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly, open personality and a sense of humour.
What we offer
- 6 month CIP
- Flexible working hours when approved;
- A great place to work with a team of highly motivated professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation helping to make the world a better place.
31 January 2022
How to apply