Senior Key Expert - Data Protection
Worldwide – three regions: Asia, Africa and Latin America
International Digital Cooperation “Enhance Data Protection and Data Flows”
January 2022 to January 2024
48 months – Phase II began on January 2021 until end January 2014
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the development of a secure, right-based international digital sphere, conducive to a level playing file in terms of market access and business opportunities for EU companies.
Qualifications & skills:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Law, ITC, or any other disciplines relevant to the assignment, or in its absence, a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma in the fields mentioned above and 3 years of relevant professional experience additional to the requested general professional experience.
General professional experience:
Specific professional experience:
- Postgraduate professional experience gained in at least 2 projects in fields related of data protection, of which at least 1 must have taken place in Latin America, Asia or Africa;
- Postgraduate experience in leading international teams of at least 5 persons in at least 2 completed international projects;
- At least 5 years of postgraduate working experience in managing international projects involving building up of networks and coordination of multiple stakeholders;
- Knowledge of some of the following languages would be an advantage: Spanish, Portuguese, French, Hindi.
The Senior Key Expert (Team Leader/Key Expert 1) will be responsible for the overall implementation of the Project, quality and timeliness of the team's performance and its delivered outputs as well as for the direct communication with the Contracting Authority and other relevant stakeholders. S/he will be also responsible for coordinating expert input and financial and operational reporting. S/he will be in charge of data protection related activities in Asia and Africa, with the assistance of local non-key experts (NKE). The Team Leader shall be responsible for the co-managing the implementation of the Project and ensure effective coordination between all three main components. S/he shall be able to demonstrate the ability to manage any NKE recruited to deliver the project's technical tasks and liaise with Key Expert 2 for Latin America. S/he will be available to travel to the target countries, mainly those in Asia and Africa, if needed.
26 January 2022
How to apply:
Feel free to reach out should you need additional information or the project ToR