Key Expert 2 - Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building Expert - Iraq
EU Facility Supporting Policy Dialogue and Technical Assistance in Iraq
300 working days
052022 – 052025 (36 months)
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development and the strengthening of participatory governance, peaceful and just society
Qualifications & skills:
- Advanced University Degree (PHD / Masters) in: Public Policy, Administration or Management Studies, Law, International Relations, Political Sciences, Economics. At least 10 years' experience of international cooperation in public administration reform and capacity building programmes may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree (inclusive of the 10 years specific professional experience referred to below).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Proficiency in MS office computer programmes
General professional experience:
- Minimum 12 years professional experience;
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience within the MENA region, or in transition economies or in fragile and post-conflict states.
Specific professional experience:
- A minimum of 10 years' specific working experience of administrative reform and institutional capacity building is essential.
The following areas of working experience will be considered as important assets, and experience in at least two of the points is required:
- Decentralisation processes and local governance;
- Training policy development, training needs analysis, programme planning and implementation in public sector institutions; including
- Designing and developing or procuring executive training courses;
- Facilitating the conduct of studies, assessments and reviews and establishing international partnerships and networks;
- Design of innovative academic courses related to civil service modernisation;
- Familiarity with programmes in the above fields funded by the EU.
The expert will have overall responsibility for the formulation and implementation of activities related to component 1, contributing strongly to development of the OWP and AWP for this component. The expert will identify needs and demands in this area, prepare specific ToR, and plan activities and training programmes for implementation under the project.
21 January 2022
How to apply: