Team Leader - Policy dialogues - Iraq
EU Facility Supporting Policy Dialogue and Technical Assistance in Iraq
400 working days
052022 – 052025 (36 months)
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development and the strengthening of participatory governance, peaceful and just society
Qualifications & skills:
- Advanced University Degree (PHD / Masters) in a discipline relevant to the scope of this assignment, such as public administration, management, engineering, sciences, economics, development economics, international relations, law or other relevant subjects.
- Excellent communication skills in English, being able to communicate effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of contacts, including public speaking skills.
- Proficiency in Arabic is mandatory.
- Good analytical skills, and capacity to produce clear and concise reports in English, as well as key documents such as specific ToR in the areas of activity of this project.
- Strong project management, planning and coordination skills, with the ability to deliver a complex project effectively and under tight deadlines.
- Good people management skills; able to lead and motivate a multi-cultural team to deliver the required results.
- Relevant IT skills (MS Office Applications).
General professional experience:
- Minimum 20 years of relevant professional experience in development cooperation
- Minimum 10 years' experience in developing countries.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years' working experience in project management
- Minimum 6 years working experience as Team Leader of complex projects with multiple stakeholders, preferably in fields such as public administration reform, institutional strengthening, civil service capacity development and policy dialogue.
- Professional experience of at least three of the following types is required; experience of more than four will be taken into account positively:
- Project management under EU procedures, and knowledge of EU visibility requirements
- Demand-driven TA facilities, and projects requiring management of a pool of experts
- Preparation of ToRs across a range of technical areas relevant to these ToRs
- Proven working experience with Government in Iraq will be considered as a strong asset
- Project management experience in several of the sectors of activity covered by this project
- Experience in the MENA region, transition economies and fragile and post-conflict states
The Team Leader (TL) for the project will have an overall management and coordination role with respect to experts, staff and activities in Iraq.
Specifically, under the Contractor's supervision, the Team Leader will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Liaison with the EUD, specified line ministries at technical level, Government civil service institutions and identified Iraqi stakeholders;
- Generation of the OWP and updating the log frame;
- Formulation of the AWP drafts and indicative budgets for consultation and approval;
- Coordination of Contractors Team (other Key Expert/Specialist, non-Key Experts and support staff);
- Coordination of communication and the planning for regular meetings of the PSC;
- Drafting of ToRs for NKE inputs in close coordination with the Iraqi counterparts and EUD, and submitting the TORs and CVs of the proposed NKEs for approval by the EUD;
- Support to the planning, implementation and continuous monitoring of all activities;
- Ensure the organization of preparation and issue of all deliverables as defined through activities of the project as well as strong involvement in all activities of the project as described in this ToR and the AWPs to be adopted;
- Carry out activities and submit all outputs of the Inception and main implementation phases;
21 January 2022
How to apply:
Feel free to reach out should you need additional information or the project ToR