Key Expert 4 - Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Technical Assistance for the Implementation of the EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) Programme Phase II
Minimum of 600 workdays in Nigeria
The provisional start date is 1st May 2022 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 60 months from this date
The overall objective of the action is to foster a functioning pluralistic, inclusive, participatory and representative democracy in Nigeria.
Qualifications & skills:
- At least a Master’s Degree (Academic level) in economics or other related social sciences.
- Experience with EU funding instruments, preferably European Development Fund (EDF);
- Membership of an international Monitoring and Evaluation Association.
General professional experience:
- Evidence of at least 10 years of experience developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design.
- Experience in Institutional Needs Assessment techniques in both public & private institutions;
- Experience in conducting training/capacity building to ensure knowledge transfer for addressing identified competency gaps;
- Expertise in the Preparation of ToRs, Publication, Dissemination, Shortlisting applications, Evaluation of Experts CVs.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and evaluation role with an international development organisation or working on international development projects.
- Experience in developing survey instruments, research-based methodologies including conducting focus group sessions, study design, and data analysis and impact evaluations.
- Experience in developing M&E/Performance Frameworks for institutional Development Plans (incl. setting Long-term/Medium term goals, Targets, SMART Indicators etc) as well as corresponding Annual Work Plans;
- Understanding of electoral processes would be an advantage;
- Experience in development cooperation in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Proven field research and report writing skills.
Under the overall strategic direction of the Team Leader, the Monitoring and Evaluation specialist will work closely with the technical team of the INEC Chairman, other officials of the commission and M&E officers of the other components of the programme. The Specialist will oversee the development of an integrated results framework, as well as other monitoring tools across the 6 components of the programme and ensure ongoing monitoring and evaluation and supervision of the M&E officers across the programme.
How to apply:
Feel free to reach out should you need additional information or the project ToR