Key Expert 3 – Finance Specialist
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Technical Assistance for the Implementation of the EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) Programme Phase II
Minimum of 1100 workdays in Nigeria
The provisional start date is 1st May 2022 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 60 months from this date
The overall objective of the action is to foster a functioning pluralistic, inclusive, participatory and representative democracy in Nigeria.
Qualifications & skills:
- At least a Master’s Degree (Academic level) in Business Administration, finance/accounting or a relevant, directly related discipline;
- A qualified or final stage Chartered Accountant from an Accounting professional body affiliated with International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate to counterparts on all levels of hierarchy;
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
General professional experience:
- At least 8 years of experience in the areas of finance, audit and procurement in projects financed by bilateral and/or multilateral donors including non-governmental organisations, at least 5 years of which must have been in the implementation of EU financial and contractual procedures;
- Experience in international development cooperation;
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Experience in working in Sub-Saharan Africa. Experience working in Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Specific professional experience:
- Experience with EU rules on financial, audit and contractual procedures;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the areas of financial, contractual and audit management of EU related funded programmes/projects.
- At least 5 years of experience with EU financial, audit and contractual procedures
- Experience working on finance and contractual management in Election and/or Governance programmes or projects.
Under the Supervision of the Team Leader, the Finance Specialist provides support in the areas finance, audit and procurement management for the project by ensuring effective operations and efficient use of funds on project activities. She/he provides in particular, day-to-day support to ensuring compliance of project’s activities with EU financial and contractual rules and procedures.
How to apply:
Feel free to reach out should you need additional information or the project ToR