Federal Republic of Nigeria
Technical Assistance for the Implementation of the EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) Programme Phase II
Minimum of 1100 workdays in Nigeria
The provisional start date is 1st May 2022 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 60 months from this date
The overall objective of the action is to foster a functioning pluralistic, inclusive, participatory and representative democracy in Nigeria.
Qualifications & skills:
- Advanced university degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in the humanities, law or social sciences
- Experience with EU funding instruments, preferably European Development Fund (EDF) and EU funded development projects
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years of experience in the area of democracy and democratic governance dealing with electoral issues, applied research, policy dialogue and advisory work.
- Proven work experience in managing the implementation of multifaceted projects in the field of electoral assistance and proficient working knowledge of the electoral cycle approach;
- Extensive experience in project management and in the design and implementation of democracy support programmes;
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, resourcefulness, ability to take initiative, capacity to work in a self-directed manner in a multi-cultural environment, and ability to create a team-based work environment;
- Experience in working with large and challenging boards and/or coordination or steering committees and advisory structures;
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in the English language.
Specific professional experience:
- 12 years previous working experience providing technical/advisory services to a National Electoral Management Body (EMB). Experience in West Africa would be an advantage.
- Proven competence in the field of democracy and democratic governance, well-informed on electoral and broader democratic governance issues such as electoral legal reform, role and responsibilities of the legislature, media and civil society and community based organisations in emerging democratic societies, as well as promotion of the participation of women, youth and marginalised groups in the political process;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the political and socio-economic issues of the Nigerian governance and electoral processes;
- Skills in training, process facilitation, strategic planning, and partnership-building.
Under the overall strategic direction of the EU Delegation and working in close coordination with the Chief Technical Adviser, Special Adviser and Chief Press Secretary to the INEC Chairman and other officials of the Commission, the Team leader will be Head of the Project Management Unit (PMU). He/She will be required, inter alia, to provide leadership and high quality advice on critical policy and technical issues; interact on substantive and operational issues with team leaders of the other components of the programme, senior governmental, non-governmental and donor officials and stakeholders; and assume overall responsibility for the coordination, planning, budgeting, management, monitoring and reporting of project activities. The Team Leader will ensure prudent and effective management of the assets as well as the human and financial resources of the project, ensure complete project documentation at all times, guide the preparation and submission of annual work plans, and prepare and submit timely progress reports as required.
How to apply:
Feel free to reach out should you need additional information or the project ToR