Project Assistants - FWC Unit
Business & Strategies Europe is a private organisation based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group, one of the world’s leading development consultancies. B&S Europe develops projects to support democratisation, security, human rights and governance in over a 100 countries.
The B&S teams are a group of highly driven professional dedicated to achieving the greatest impact through our projects across geographies.
Purpose of the role
Under the supervision of project Managers/Junior project Managers (PM and JPM), the Project Assistants (PA) will be responsible for conducting activities related to the ongoing support of the department.
As a PA, you will support the FWC unit in operational and administrative tasks related to acquisition and management of projects while displaying a proactive attitude and commitment.
- You will provide support to ongoing projects (searching for experts, monitoring activities, reporting etc.);
- You will response to standard problems in accordance with procedures and documents and flag any potential issue with the onsite project team;
- You will take care of administrative, logistical and financial tasks (e.g. audits, local accounts, time sheet revisions, booking of flights etc.).
- You will support the team in preparing technical offers (identify experts, technical and administrative aspects, etc);
- You will conduct desk research to support business development and offer preparation.
- You will contribute to B&S working groups and cross-cutting activities;
- You will participate in GOPA Group related activities.
Desired competencies and experience
- You are a recent graduate in development studies, law, Economics, political science ;
- Previous experience in Project Management Cycle is an asset;
- You have a strong interest in cooperation and development field, in particular in governance, security and justice sectors;
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You have excellent communication skills in English and French, both written and verbal;
- You are computer-literate and you master the MS office suit;
- You enjoy working with a variety of stakeholders from different backgrounds;
- You are a proactive problem solver with a service oriented approach and a can-do attitude;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly and open personality.
23 January [EXTENDED]
What we offer
- A 6-months internship;
- A great professional environment nurturing personal growth and development;
- The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation helping to make the world a better place.
How to apply