Team Leader | Georgetown, Guyana and CARIFORUM States
Georgetown, Guyana and CARIFORUM States
Consultancy for Capacity Building through Training Programmes in Treaty and Legislative Drafting
24 months, home-based with regular trips to CARIFORUM Member States.
Expected start date: 14/02/2022; expected end date 14/02/2024
This consultancy is inscribed within the project “Support to CARIFORUM Member states in furthering the implementation of their Economic Partnership Agreement commitments and on meaningfully reaping the Benefits of the Agreement”, financed under the 11th EDF.
Qualifications & skills:
- LLM in the areas of Legislative Drafting or Treaty Drafting is a minimum requirement.
- Masters Degree in Education, Training, Development or related field will be treated as an advantage.
- Good report writing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
General professional experience:
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience working in a project development/management environment in either Government, a relevant international or regional organisation or in a research capacity at a University institution, or as a consultant, of which there must be demonstrated experience in project proposal writing and or programme or project management.
Specific professional experience:
- At least ten (10) years’ experience working as a Legal Draftsperson in either Government or a relevant international or regional organisation.
- Proven experience working on project proposal writing in matters pertaining to the development of training modules/programmes.
- Demonstrated experience with training modules/programmes for Legislative Drafting or Treaty Drafting.
- Strong knowledge of the CARIFORUM-EU EPA and CARIFORUM trade issues is expected.
- Understanding of the laws and drafting instruction processes of CARIFORUM States is desired.
The project’s deliverables shall include the production of a Legislative Drafting Manual and a Training Manual, as well as the deliverance of training workshops in the area of treaty and legislative drafting to key stakeholders of CARIFORUM states.
Thursday, November 25th 2021
How to apply:
Feel free to reach out should you need additional information or the project ToR.
Business & Strategies in Europe S.A. (B&S Europe) is a global consulting firm founded in 1991, that aims at providing highly specialised services and assistance to companies, public organisations and institutions, particularly within the scope of programmes and projects financed by international or bilateral bodies. Our work covers justice and home affairs, security, governance, outreach, communication and events.
Member of GOPA Consulting group since 2013, B&S Europe has permanent offices in Belgium (HQ), Kosovo, Libya, Lebanon, North Macedonia and Romania, being supported worldwide by extensive networks of local partners and experts.
Our highly qualified team of project managers and consultants comes from a variety of backgrounds and shares the common values of honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism. Driven by impact and performance, our team is able to provide a global package to our clients, while staying true to our values and our guiding principle of Development through understanding.
B&S Europe is continuously seeking experts for short and long-term assignments. We maintain a database of experts, which we update on a regular basis.
OUR PROJECT OPENINGS: https://www.bseurope.com/job-opportunities/our-project-openings
REGISTER / UPDATE YOUR CV: https://www.bseurope.com/job-opportunities/register-expert