Junior Project Manager - Outreach & Events
B&S Europe, BUSINESS & STRATEGIES IN EUROPE S.A., is an international consulting firm based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group. Our company provides advice for technical assistance projects in developing and transition countries, particularly to Public and Governmental Institutions. Our main fields of expertise are Institutional Reform and Capacity Building, in areas such as Justice and Home Affairs, Regional and Local Development and Security and Good Governance (including support to civil society, elections, democracy, decentralization processes, etc.).
B&S Europe has managed projects in more than 100 countries worldwide and has a long-standing involvement with clients including international donor agencies, particularly with the European Commission, National Governments and their agencies.
B&S has also permanent offices in Brussels, Beirut, Pristina and Bucharest representative offices in more than 10 countries. The company employs more than 40 full time staff and relies on a trustworthy and well experienced network of in-house and external experts to carry out the implementation of projects.
Under the supervision of the Team (SPMs and PMs), the Junior Project Manager will be responsible for conducting activities related to day to day work of the department in the field of outreach, communication and events. As a Junior Project Manager, you steer the execution of our projects, you are involved and have responsibilities in the different phases of the project cycle.
Specific duties and responsibilities
Acquisition of projects
- Identification of new project opportunities related to outreach communication and events;
- Contribution to network development (research of experts, partners and subcontractors);
- Coordination bids and framework contracts offer mainly relating to outreach, communication and events;
- Assistance to the Team in daily tasks in bid preparation and in completing some parts the team’s technical offers;
- Support in any other operational aspects of bid management as requested by the Team (DMD, SPMs and PMs)
Management of Projects
- Provision of support in operational project management of projects relating to Outreach Activities and Events under the supervision of the team (invoices and timesheet management, negotiations and contracts of short-term experts, financial and operational monitoring, etc.);
- Managements projects relating Outreach, Communication and Events;
- Preparation of project audits;
- Management of a team of experts with the support of a direct manager (remotely and in situ);
- Quality control of missions’ outputs (reports, planning, etc...);
- Follow up and problem solving of operational activities;
- Participation in technical assistance projects and/or framework contracts as experts.
- Participation in Events projects as Event Coordinator, taking the overall responsibility in organising logistic aspects of events under his / her portfolio. This will include: project technical and financial management, coordination of the event with the client, contact and coordination of services with suppliers and contact with event’s participants.
- Contribution to B&S working groups (regional, technical and thematic);
- Coaching and mentoring of PAs.
Abilities and attitudes
- Ability to work autonomously while being a team player;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while paying strict attention to details;
- Respect of tight deadlines;
- Strong motivation and relationship-building qualities;
- Prioritization of tasks to achieve objectives to the standards expected;
- High level of commitment and integrity in own work;
- Dynamic, good capacity of relationship and interaction with people.
Qualifications and key skills
- University Graduate;
- Post graduate studies in a field related to B&S Europe sectors is an asset;
- 2 years of relevant experience in the field of outreach, communication and events projects funded by the EU;
- Perfect oral and drafting skills in English; French will be considered as an asset.
- Capacity for independent decision-making and taking initiative;
- Computer skills MS Office (Excel Word Power Point), Internet, and database.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter through our online application https://www.bseurope.com/our-offices, through the "Click here" tab above. Candidates acknowledge that they accept the personal data protection policy as published in B&S Europe website. No application received by email will not be processed. Due to high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.